CONDITIONS OF ENTRY SHOWGIRL
1. Entrants must be aged 18 years and under 28 years on the 1st August in the year of the competition. The Awards are open to girls born in Australia or naturalised Australians.
3. An entrant must have been selected as a current representative of the Showgirl Awards conducted by an affiliated Society to be eligible to compete in Sub-Chamber and State Final Judging. In the event of the local representative being unable to attend sub-chamber judging and a runner- up had been selected then she may do so. Previous State Winners and State Runners-Up in the Showgirl Awards are not eligible to enter again. Local and Sub-Chamber Winners and Runners-Up may enter again providing they are not State Winners.
4. Prospective entrants who are employed or are still in fulltime studies are advised to ascertain in advance that they are able to obtain leave of absence to attend Sub-Chamber and State Final judging if necessary. The State finalists will be required to be in Brisbane the day prior to and the first three (3) days of the Royal Queensland Show. The ultimate Showgirl winner must remain in Brisbane to perform official duties up till and including the ‘People’s Day’ holiday of the Royal Queensland Show.
5. State Finalists must participate as a group in the entire itinerary; otherwise they must withdraw from the contest.
6. Should an entrant enter and win a prize or title and does not abide by the above conditions, she will not be eligible for further participation in the Miss Showgirl Awards and will automatically forfeit all prizes and title associated with the Miss Showgirl Awards.
7. Entrants must accept that any behaviour that will bring disrepute to the Showgirl Awards and is deemed inappropriate by the Showgirl Committee, prior to or during the State Finals, may forfeit their right to participate.