CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The award is open to persons born in Australia or Naturalised Australians permanently residing in Queensland. Any queries regarding eligibility should be referred to the Rural Ambassador Coordinator Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies Inc. 2. Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia who reside within their nominated State/Territory for the last three months, or if resident near a State border can show they are an active working member of their nominating Show.
3. Entrants must be aged 20 and less than 30 years as at 1 May in the year of the competition.
4. The Award is opened to both males and females either single or married.
5. Immediate family members of Show Societies & QUEENSLAND CHAMBER OF AGRICULTURAL SOCIETIES Committee Members and Staff are eligible to enter provided that, (a) Committee Members and Staff declare a pecuniary interest. (b) Committee Members and Staff are not to be involved in any discussion regarding the result, during the period of the competition.
6. All entrants must compete at a local Agricultural Show Society to be eligible to enter Sub Chamber or State Finals.
7. Entrants should be actively involved, or demonstrate a readiness to become actively involved in, their local Show. They should also be knowledgeable about current rural issues pertaining to their local area, State/Territory and Australia and have a strong affiliation towards agriculture.
8. Tertiary qualifications are not a prerequisite for the Rural Ambassador Award and will have no influence in the selection process. The Award seeks to attract all young rural people who symbolise the rural spirit – people with vitality, who are forward thinking and with a passion for the land and local country Shows.
9. All entries must include a completed entry form, a recent photograph and a covering letter. Failure to provide all the above documentation will deem the entry invalid.
10. Prizes awarded to Rural Ambassadors are not transferable and must be utilised within twelve months of being awarded or as agreed with organising committee. This date is taken as being the date of the Award Presentation during the Show. All prizes are subject to change without notice.
11. Under the above Conditions of Entry, previous State/National winners are not eligible to re-enter the Competition, however, finalists at State level are eligible to re-enter the Competition after a period of two (2) years. Previous finalists at State level must re-enter the Competition at local Show level.
12. Winning entrants at each affiliated Show Society are eligible to compete in regional Sub Chamber Finals. The winner of the Sub Chamber finals is eligible to compete in the State finals. The winner of the State finals is eligible to compete in the National finals
13. Entrants should be available for a minimum of two days at state finals. Inability to attend the state finals for the prescribed time may result in disqualification.
14. The entrant authorises the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers and local Show Societies to incorporate any photograph of the entrant in any public display in connection with the promotion of the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies or local Show.
15. The Conditions of Entry shall constitute the whole agreement upon which an entry is submitted and the entrant agrees that all representations and statements not itemised herein are excluded.
16. In consideration of the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies accepting this entry, the entrant hereby indemnifies the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers and local Show Societies against all claims, losses, suits and demands made against or suffered by the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers and local Show Societies by
Rural Ambassador Conditions of Entry Version 4 – May 2014 Page 2 of 2
reason of any negligent act of omission on the part of the entrant and that the entrant agrees that any act or omission on his/her part found in any action against the Queensland Chamber Of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers and local Show Societies to be negligence shall be deemed to have been negligence for the purposes of any claim under this indemnity
17. The entrant hereby admits and acknowledges that they will participate in the Award wholly and solely at their own risk and release and indemnify the Queensland Chamber Of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers and local Show Societies including their servants and agents in the terms of this release and indemnity contained in the Conditions.
18. It is a condition of entry that the entrant waives any right to claim against the Queensland Chamber Of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers, local Show Societies and Award organisers or any sponsor or provider of prizes in connection with any loss or injury suffered by the entrant or in relation to the decisions and directions of judges, stewards, officials, host Committee and staff.
19. It is a condition of entry that in the event of the entrant suffering injury or loss or claim for compensation as a result of the entrant’s actions, the entrant will fully indemnify each of the Queensland Chamber Of Agricultural Societies, regional Sub Chambers, local Show Societies and the Award organisers including judges, stewards and officials or any sponsor or provider of prizes.
20. The entrant must disclose any medical condition reasonably expected to restrict tasks to be undertaken during the period of judging.
21. Failure to comply with any of the above regulations may result in disqualification from the Award.
22. If you are the winner at your sub chamber level you will be required to be at the Brisbane EKKA from lunchtime on the 8th of August until the morning of the 11th of August. However if you are successful in become the Winner or Runner Up of the State Finals you are required to stay until the morning of the 13th of August.
23. The State Winner of the Rural Ambassador Award receives the travel, accommodation and attendance to a Commonwealth Conference which is held biannually.
24. No Rural Ambassador finalist eligible to compete at the State Finals is permitted to attend QCAS Board Meeting prior to the completion of the State Final in the year of competition.