Miss Showgirl Competition
Winner of the Clifton Show Society Miss Showgirl competition will attend the Darling Downs Sub Chamber Finals held in Toowoomba. The Winner of the Darling Downs Sub Chamber then progresses to the Queensland Miss Showgirl Awards held at the Brisbane Ekka.
The Awards seek young Ladies to represent the Clifton Show. The role encourages and promotes the Agricultural Show Movement to Queensland Youth. Entrants are selected for their knowledge, presentation, passion for the agricultural show movement and their community. The competition is no beauty contest, nor is it a intelligence test. It is an award presented to young Queenslanders who raise the profile of Queensland Shows. The award provides an opportunity to excel in leadership, community involvement, key management and confidence .and raise much needed funds for the show society.
Darling Downs Sub Chamber Judging will take place in Toowoomba at the Toowoomba Show
MAJOR SPONSORS OF THE MISS SHOWGIRL, MISS TEEN SHOWGIRL AND MISS JUNIOR SHOWGIRL
CLIFTON SHOW SOCIETY ~ AUSTRALIAN SHOW RIBBONS ~ OD & AM SAVILLE
~ Mrs FAY WIEDMAN ~ - BEC GURNEY (Park Lane Jewellery
Show Girl Entrants Girls aged 18-28 as at August 1st 2020
Teen Showgirl Entrants Girls aged 13 & under 17 as at 16th Feb 2020
Junior Showgirl Entrant Girls aged 10 & under 13 as at 16th Feb 2020
Congratulations to the 2016 Showgirl Ellen Meara, Teen Showgirl Monique Foss and Junior Showgirl Caitlin Fogarty
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY MISS SHOWGIRL
1. Entrants must be unmarried, aged 18 years and under 28 years on the 1st August in the year of the competition. The Awards are open to girls born in Australia or naturalised Australians.
2. The ultimate winner must remain unmarried until the conclusion of the Royal Queensland Show. Entrants must not have been married or have had or having a child prior to State Final Judging.
3. An entrant must have been selected as a current representative of the Miss Showgirl Awards conducted by an affiliated Society to be eligible to compete in Sub-Chamber and State Final Judging. In the event of the local representative being unable to attend sub-chamber judging and a runner- up had been selected then she may do so. Previous State Winners and State Runners-Up in the Miss Showgirl Awards are not eligible to enter again. Local and Sub-Chamber Winners and Runners-Up may enter again providing they are not State Winners.
4. Prospective entrants who are employed or are still in fulltime studies are advised to ascertain in advance that they are able to obtain leave of absence to attend Sub-Chamber and State Final judging if necessary. The State finalists will be required to be in Brisbane the day prior to and the first three (3) days of the Royal Queensland Show. The ultimate Miss Showgirl winner must remain in Brisbane to perform official duties up till and including the ‘People’s Day’ holiday of the Royal Queensland Show.
5. State Finalists must participate as a group in the entire itinerary; otherwise they must withdraw from the contest.
6. Should an entrant enter and win a prize or title and does not abide by the above conditions, she will not be eligible for further participation in the Miss Showgirl Awards and will automatically forfeit all prizes and title associated with the Miss Showgirl Awards.
7. Entrants must accept that any behaviour that will bring disrepute to the Miss Showgirl Awards and is deemed inappropriate by the Showgirl Committee, prior to or during the State Finals, may forfeit their right to participate.